More gyrations in the markets last week as we now embark on earnings season.
We now have something to really sink our teeth into.
While I love my pre-earnings strategy, my main focus this time around will be straddles (ie playing volatility) and post-earnings.
There’s a good chance of large moves as the nonsense of the last couple of months gets crystallized into the hard facts of earnings reports being announced.
At the same time, volatility indicators have calmed down, so there are opportunities out there for good value.
One of the great things about our way of doing things is that we have the strategies to be adaptable in a most strategic way.
So, post-earnings is always a wonderful strategy for every earnings season, but we also have our bread-and-butter OVI strategy for outside earnings.
Remember, these are our principle strategies for trading stocks:
- Bread and butter OVI breakouts
- Post earnings OVI breakouts
- Pre-earnings persistent OVI
- Reversals (especially OVI pullback reversals)
We can adapt each of these for options, and of course there are several simple options strategies we can master quite easily.
But as you can see, even with stocks alone we can adapt to different market conditions and optimize our approach.
So, what’s new?
Well, here’s what’s happening imminently:
- New mobile friendly websites for all OVI applications (already partially released)
- New TradeFinders (release by November 30th in time for my London event)
- New algorithms and filters, supported by independent quantitative analysis (release by November 30th).
- New interactivity with dynamic Q&As linked to each video tutorial in FlagTrader and OptionEasy
And when I say New, I mean it in the context of a natural evolution.
Our research builds upon itself and its solid foundations of many years, and very soon you’ll be seeing new stats that reinforce our phenomenal approach.
The new stats that I’ll reveal soon, are based on full automation. The execution for our guided discretionary trading has to be adapted somewhat from the automated system, but the filters I’ll be adding to my TradeFinders are very much aligned from the findings of our automated research.
What will this mean for you?!
More consistency … better results.
And the new technology I’m deploying means that you’ll be getting massive efficiencies in terms of speed.
So, let’s go through some stocks today and look forward to a productive earnings season.